Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/13 00:52:35 UTC

outputting to external file

Hello,

When we write to an extermal file I noticed that it creates a
directory and files like:

attempt_201102130126_0014_m_000000_0, attempt_201102130126_0014_m_000001_0

with different parts of the data inside them.

i will be loading these files to rdbms for quick lookup, that is at a
remote server.

how would you do it? I know there are manyways, I can rsync them, or
just post to my webapp directly from my java program etc.

what are some common practices for doing this kind of work?

best regards,
-c.b.