Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/18 23:56:04 UTC

[m204] Issue with transistive dependancies and Springframework

I am trying to use this:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
                <version>2.0-rc3</version>
                <type>jar</type>
                <scope>compile</scope>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-mock</artifactId>
                <version>2.0-rc3</version>
                <type>jar</type>
                <scope>compile</scope>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>aopalliance</groupId>
                <artifactId>aopalliance</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>aspectj</groupId>
                <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
                <version>1.5.2a</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

But my war seems to be getting 1.2.7 and 2.0-rc3 jars
Why?

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: [m204] Issue with transistive dependancies and Springframework

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Works great.

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Mick,

I'm not using Spring and Acegi, so this might not work, but perhaps
try adding an <excludes> node on the Acegi dependency to exclude
Spring, and then add the Spring dependency by itself.

If this doesn't work, post your pom back to the list and we'll try to
help debug it some more...

Wayne

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You have to exclude spring then.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
My EAR has

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
That's actually wrong. See

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
What does your exclusions look like:

<exclusions>org.springframework.spring-1.2.7</exclusions>

or something else?

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Mick,

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.