Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ds...@cajval.sba.com.ar on 2002/08/14 18:24:18 UTC

Q:How to change default java.naming.factory.initial

Hi all,
	I've been trying to change the default java.naming.factory.initial
by setting it in my jndi.properties file without success. Could anyone tell
me which is the way to change the default
java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory to
my own ContextFactory ?? please note that I'm able to change this in the
servlet code,  but this is not an option to.  The other way to change this
is setting java.naming.factory.initial in the system properties at the
catalina startup.
I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 or 4.1.8 (both with the same problem )
thanks in advance,

Damian Solano
Oracle Premium Support
Cel. 15-4052-9695

Re: Q:How to change default java.naming.factory.initial

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 dsolano@cajval.sba.com.ar wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:24:18 -0300
> From: dsolano@cajval.sba.com.ar
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Q:How to change default java.naming.factory.initial
>
> Hi all,
> 	I've been trying to change the default java.naming.factory.initial
> by setting it in my jndi.properties file without success. Could anyone tell
> me which is the way to change the default
> java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory to
> my own ContextFactory ?? please note that I'm able to change this in the
> servlet code,  but this is not an option to.  The other way to change this
> is setting java.naming.factory.initial in the system properties at the
> catalina startup.
> I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 or 4.1.8 (both with the same problem )
> thanks in advance,
>
> Damian Solano
> Oracle Premium Support
> Cel. 15-4052-9695

Trying to change this sounds like something that would totally mess up the
naming support that Tomcat already provides.  However, you will find
Tomcat's own setup of this property in
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina, which you'd have to hand modify.

Craig