Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Serkan KAZANCI <se...@kazanci.com.tr> on 2020/05/12 12:31:51 UTC

velocity reponse writer javascript execution problem

Hi,

This is my first mail to the group. Nice to be here.

4 years ago, I have set up a solr search interface using velocity response
writer templates. (Solr version : 5.3.1)

I want to re-do the interface with new solr version(8.5.1). After some
tests, I have realized that velocity response writer templates do not run
JavaScript codes. Even the auto-complete feature at Solr's techproducts demo
is not working, which also uses velocity response writer templates and
relies on JavaScript for that function.

Is it due to security vulnerability I have heard couple of years ago? Is
there a work around so that I can use velocity templates that executes
JavaScript? Or is it only me having this problem.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Serkan,

FW: velocity reponse writer javascript execution problem

Posted by Serkan KAZANCI <se...@kazanci.com.tr>.
Hi,

Found the solution myself.

The cause of the problem is SOLR-13982 issue. The new
Content-Security-Policy directives added to response headers thru jetty.xml
file, restricts java script codes to be executed at html files generated by
velocity response writer.

Content-Security-Policy directives should be edited or deleted (with
evaluating security concerns) in order to prevent restriction.

Serkan,

Posted by Serkan KAZANCI <se...@kazanci.com.tr>.
Hi,

Re: velocity reponse writer javascript execution problem

Posted by ART GALLERY <al...@goretoy.com>.
check out the videos on this website TROO.TUBE don't be such a
sheep/zombie/loser/NPC. Much love!
https://troo.tube/videos/watch/aaa64864-52ee-4201-922f-41300032f219