Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by Sharan F <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/04 08:26:30 UTC

Re: Webinar Request for Hackbright Academy

Hi Lewis

That's excellent news.

Hackbright trains women to program in Python but they don't really know
very much about the ASF projects. Also once they graduate, they would
like to practice their new programming skills so being involved in an
open source project will help keep their skills current, and also help
them become used to being part of a community and contributing. This
webinar will be a high level introduction to the ASF with some examples
of our Python related projects they could contribute to.

For the webinar I only need some slides about Open Climate Workbench for
the 3rd part " An overview of 3 ASF Python related projects and how to
get involved".  I have had feedback from 2 ASF Python related project
(Ambari and Thrift) so you can be the third.

I was planning on doing the presenting and don't know anything about
Open Climate Workbench so I am in exactly the same situation as our
attendees. If you could keep the slides at a level where a complete
novice like myself could explain it others - then that would be great.
We are planning to have a full webinar run through around 12th - 14th
July so ideally I'd like something by the end of the week if you can so
I have a couple of days to practice.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other queries or
questions, and I'll wait for you to send me your 3 or 4 slides about
Open Climate Workbench

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Grand
Thanks

--
*Lewis*

Re: Webinar Request for Hackbright Academy

Posted by Sharan F <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Lewis

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan,

--
*Lewis*

Re: Webinar Request for Hackbright Academy

Posted by Sharan F <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Lewis

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan,