Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/06/14 19:05:22 UTC

Re: Embperl vs other solutions 2

> Maybe I missed something... Today we are implementing our application
> framework / server called Weber.

Just curious, is Weber the product your company sells or will it release
open source ?

> I`m playing with Embperl and Mason on MS
> IIS (our primary client will use MS 2000/IIS/MS SQL 7). I hope it will
work.

I don't know about Mason, but for Embperl I can say we will surely get it to
work!

> ps - I`m solving one problem: how to manage our documentation for Weber
> application server. There are several modules and the number is
increasing.
> I tried pod2html but I cannot manage it work. I need to convert all
> documentation to html and save it in another folder, like
> D:\develop\weber\docs. How can I do it?

I have made a script that generates the Webpage on perl.apache.org/embperl
from the Embperl pods. It's a quick and dirty hack, but it does the job for
me (it uses a modified version of pod2html). If you like I can send to you
(but no docs).

There are other solutions on CPAN. For example Stas Pod::HtmlPsPdf which he
use to generate the mod_perl guide

Gerald