Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phillip Farber <pf...@umich.edu> on 2007/11/30 22:40:43 UTC

What does "Missing sort order" error mean

Hi,

Just getting my head around Solr queries.  I get HTTP ERROR: 400
Missing sort order. when I issue this query:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=car&sort=title

My title field is:

   <field name="title" type="myAlphaOnlySort" indexed="true"
stored="false" required="true"/>

where "myAlphaOnlySort" is based on the alphaOnlySort from the example
solr.xml:

     <fieldType name="myAlphaOnlySort" class="solr.TextField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
       <analyzer>
         <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
       </analyzer>
     </fieldType>

What am I missing?

Regards,
Phil

Re: What does "Missing sort order" error mean

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Nov 30, 2007 4:40 PM, Phillip Farber <pf...@umich.edu> wrote:
> Just getting my head around Solr queries.  I get HTTP ERROR: 400
> Missing sort order. when I issue this query:
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=car&sort=title

order is asc or desc
so try sort=tutle  asc or sort=title desc

-Yonik