Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/01/06 21:28:32 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/validator/src/share/org/apache/commons/validator Arg.java Constant.java DefaultValidatorLog.java Field.java Form.java FormSet.java GenericValidator.java Msg.java Validator.java ValidatorAction.java ValidatorException.java ValidatorLog.java ValidatorResources.java ValidatorResourcesInitializer.java ValidatorUtil.java Var.java

on 1/5/02 9:08 PM, "dwinterfeldt@apache.org" <dw...@apache.org>
wrote:

>            if (indexedListProperty != null)
>               field.setIndexedListProperty(new String(indexedListProperty));

Bad coding style.

-jon

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
There was a long discussion on General, where we realized that we were
drifting away from the standard conventions. So some of us, like Jon and
I, are volunteering to nag people when we notice anything awry.

The preferred style is to always enclose if-else blocks in braces, to
avoid problems when another statement is added later. I'm forever
forgetting to do this myself. Both Sun and The Elements of Java Style
advocate this.

-Ted.

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
Sigh. We just went over this...