Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/21 17:42:12 UTC

Re: ICU4NET.dll problem

I ran into this issue and removed the references in my project. (The
package can't be removed in PM because Lucene.Net.Analysis depends on it)

A couple of questions. How are file links to dlls deleted? Has this issue
been fixed in a later build?

Cheers,
James

Cheers,
James
my own book <http://myownbook.org>

Re: ICU4NET.dll problem

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Lucene.Net {4.8.0.770-beta} but still having problems in IIS. I'm
wondering what the issue is here? Would I be able to do a pull and remove
the Thai analyzer which seems to be the problem?

Virus-free.
<#m_-1509662639878331488_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Cheers,
James
my own book <http://myownbook.org>

AW: ICU4NET.dll problem

Posted by "Roethinger, Alexander" <ar...@affili.net>.
Hi James,

Re: ICU4NET.dll problem

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
I went ahead and removed all the dlls with names like icule55.dll, etc.
Still getting the same error.

Re: ICU4NET.dll problem

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
Alexander,

AW: ICU4NET.dll problem

Re: ICU4NET.dll problem

Posted by James Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
The thing is there are no "file links" in the project. And removing the
references and deleting the dlls gives you:

*Could not load file or assembly 'ICU4NET.DLL' or one of its dependencies.
The specified module could not be found.*

*Even after restoring the references and the dlls, same error...*

*All this hassle for "Thai word breaking"? Wouldn't it be smarter to remove
the dependency for ICURNET.DLL and let Lucene 4.8 be deployed to a
webserver without the hack?*