Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Michael Freeman <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 12:51:29 UTC

Message reconsumed with 'earliest' offset reset 0.9.0.1

Hi,
     I'm using the 0.9.0.1 consumer with 'earliest' offset reset.
After cleanly shutting down the consumers and restarting I see reconsumption of some old messages.

The offset of the reconsumed messages is 0.

If I'm committing cleanly and shutting down cleanly why is the committed offset lost?

Is there a way to keep the message retention and consumer offset retention in sync?

Thanks for any help or pointers in the right direction.

Michael