Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Holger Freyther <ho...@freyther.de> on 2016/11/16 16:04:26 UTC

Limiting queue by storage size

Hi,

in Apache Apollo I can configure how much storage may be used and which messages to be dropped like this[1] and I search for an equivalent set of config knobs for ActiveMQ. So far I have found:

<systemUsage>
  <systemusage>
    <storeUsage>
      <storeUsage limit="200 m"/>
    </storeUsage>

then for slow-consumers I see ConstantPendingMessageLimitStrategy but it works on number of queued messages and not storage size and I see "<oldestMessageEvictionStrategy/>". Should the later delete entries in the queue when it is full? It seems more like a setting to preserve RAM? Can the Apollo behavior be achieved with ActiveMQ?

thank you

	holger

[1] <queue id="queue1" persistent="true" round_robin="true" swap="true" quota="2000mb" dlq="dead-events.*" nak_limit="3" auto_delete_after="0" full_policy="drop head"/>