Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lindsay Smith <li...@coretech.co.nz> on 2010/11/16 02:21:55 UTC

Access to the raw list of dependencies - multiple versions of an artifact included

Hi,

I have a need to be able to download all the dependencies from a pom, even if there are multiple versions of the same dependency in the pom. The use case is that I'm hoping to use maven to create p2 repositories, and so these repositories can easily contain multiple versions of a bundle.

I understand that maven's dependency resolution system culls multiple versions out, because its taking the view that the dependencies form a classpath.  I expect to have to write a plugin to perform essentially what the dependency:copy-dependencies goal does, except that it needs to read the raw list of dependencies rather than the resolved list.

What's the correct way to achieve this in a plugin?  The MavenProject type contains the resolved list of dependencies, if I use the MavenModel type will this give me access to the raw list?  If so, will I also have to manually process any inherited pom dependencies if I wanted to?

Of course if there is an existing way to achieve this that would be even better.  All help appreciated.

Lindsay