Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/02 11:43:54 UTC

Re: Problem with Eclipse plugin

Ok, now I get the following:

Compiling 5 source files to
U:\proyectos\otros\netflux\netflux-core\target\classes
[ERROR] mojo-execute : compiler:compile
Diagnosis: Compilation failure
FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
[ERROR] project-execute : org.netflux:netflux-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT (
task-segment: [install] )
Diagnosis: Compilation failure
FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Compilation failure
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:552)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
:472)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
:413)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.Maven2Executor.main(Maven2Executor.java:68)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation
failure
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(
AbstractCompilerMojo.java:505)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:111)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:415)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:531)
    ... 8 more

Of course, I have run maven from the command line and it works with no
problem

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
Somewhere there should be some java compiler style error messages showing
what the compiler errors were. If we could see those, it might help.

Thanks.

On 5/2/06, Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, now I get the following:
>
> Compiling 5 source files to
> U:\proyectos\otros\netflux\netflux-core\target\classes
> [ERROR] mojo-execute : compiler:compile
> Diagnosis: Compilation failure
> FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
> [ERROR] project-execute : org.netflux:netflux-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT (
> task-segment: [install] )
> Diagnosis: Compilation failure
> FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
> org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Compilation failure
>     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:552)
>     at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
>     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
>     at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
>     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)
>     at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
> :472)
>     at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
> :413)
>     at org.maven.ide.eclipse.Maven2Executor.main(Maven2Executor.java:68)
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException:
> Compilation
> failure
>     at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(
> AbstractCompilerMojo.java:505)
>     at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:111)
>     at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
> DefaultPluginManager.java:415)
>     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
> DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:531)
>     ... 8 more
>

> Of course, I have run maven from the command line and it works with no
> problem
>
> 2006/4/28, Wood, Kevin <Ke...@fmr.com>:
> >
> > You can specify the proxy information when you configure the External
> > Tools entry for the Maven2 build of this project in Eclipse.  In the
> > External Tools window, select the goal that you want to run, then add
> > parameters proxyHost and proxyPort with the appropriate values in the
> > parameter box.  These properties will be passed along to the Maven
> > plugin when it is invoked.
> >
> > --Kevin

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Diagnosis: Compilation failure - Was Re: Problem with Eclipse plugin

Posted by Borut BolĨina <bo...@najdi.si>.
I just wanted to point out why one can get compilation error in eclipse
when building with external tool. Look in launch configuration (tab
JRE). Change it to JRE which Eclipse is running in, then m2 eclipse
plugin will compile your project just fine.