Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Antony Awaida <an...@apporto.com> on 2020/04/11 23:00:00 UTC

Using Guacamole with Mac OSX

Hi Everyone:

We are trying to use Guacamole 1.1 as a front end for Mac OSX 10.15.2.

- We tried using XRDP .  it looks like the macOS 10.15.2 won't work with
XRDP.    XRDP uses an X11 server on the backend or a VNC client.   Since
apple uses Darwin instead of X11, we have to use a VNC backend.
Unfortunately, mac OSX 10.15.2 refuses VNC connections from the XRDP server
because of incompatible versions (OSX VNC version is 003.889,  XRDP VNC
client version is 003.003).

- So, we attempted to setup guacamole to connect to apple's VNC.
Unfortunately, guacamole closes the connection after apple sends back the
supported security types.   We think this is because guacamole doesn't
understand the apple remote desktop (ARD) VNC extensions that allow
multiple users to use the same port.. We couldn't find any information on
guac's support of ARD.

Are we doing something wrong? Has anyone been successful using Guac 1.1
with a recent version of Mac OSX?

Thanks!

Antony Awaida
CEO
www.apporto.com

2 min intro video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4pJtwD_Yg

ᐧ

Re: Using Guacamole with Mac OSX

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
Have you looked at this?

https://etg.ece.iastate.edu/xrdp-from-mac/

Hope it helps

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: Using Guacamole with Mac OSX

Posted by Chris Misztur <cm...@mriiot.com>.
You have screen sharing turned on and vnc password set on the Mac?

Works for me.

Chris