Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Joseph Ribin Roy <jo...@aztecsoft.com> on 2008/03/07 08:05:24 UTC

90% and Median

Hi all

Sorry if any one had answered this question earlier.
Can any one explain how 90 % and median is calculated in Jmeter

Say I have 10 samples with response time in ms

150
200
250
160
180
79
125
210
175
200

How Aggregate Report listener calculate the 90% and median out of this

Thanks for reading
Joseph

This email message and its attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). If you have received it in error, please contact the sender by return email, notify your system manager and destroy the original message and any copies thereof. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution is unlawful. Please check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Company accepts no  liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
The Company reserves the right to monitor, review and store the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.

www.aztecsoft.com

Re: 90% and Median

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/03/2008, Quasar <qu...@libero.it> wrote:
> You have to sort the samples:

Which is why the Aggregate Listener may need lots of memory; it keeps
all the sample values to be able to (re)sort them.

Re: 90% and Median

Posted by Quasar <qu...@libero.it>.
You have to sort the samples:

Re: 90% and Median

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
These are the standard statistical measures.

See for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentile