Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Marcelo Hamra <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/02 23:24:25 UTC

inventory questions

Hi,

I need to transfer several products between facilities. I thought I could
use shipments but I readed that only sale and purchase orders are supported.
Is that correct?

I have no requirements on selecting any inventory Item to transfer, I only
need to transfer products if enough stock is available. I noted that
inventory transfers can be used, but I need to select the inventory Item,
and I coundn't find a way to send more than one product using this feature.
Should I generate a new entity "InventoryMovement" with a one to many
relationship with inventoryTransfers to implement what I want?

In the inventory Transfer screen there is a field Container ID field , but I
couldn't find a way to create a container. Is this feature available?

Regards.
Marcelo

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Marcelo,

This is what I have so far:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-352

which are basically half of the solution to this problem.
Unfortunately I never finished it myself, but it should show you how
it could be done.  Feel free to ask questions or post your code samples.

Si

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Marcelo Hamra <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Si,

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Marcelo,

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Marcelo Hamra <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Si,

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Marcelo Hamra <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Si,
How can I create the Shipment you're mentioning?

Re: inventory questions

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.