Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Stiepel <j....@gmail.com> on 2010/05/19 13:45:39 UTC

Maven SCM Synergy Provider Problem: "Complete task failed" in prepare-goal of release plugin

Hello everyone,

we are using Maven 3.0 beta 1 with Windows XP and Java 1.6.0_20 and we have
to use Synergy 6.5.

In our pom.xml we defined a synergy scm url like this:
    <scm>
        <connection>scm:synergy:paketierer_maven:~:2:Component
Release:prep:1</connection>
    </scm>

When we run mvn release:prepare it works fine until:
[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...

This fails with the following error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:prepare (default-cli) on
project test-maven: An error is occurred in the checkin process: Exception
while executing
SCM command. Commandeline = cmd.exe /X /C "ccm task -checkin default
-comment "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release test-maven-10.2.3.1""
STDOUT = Task not specified and current task is not set.
Complete task failed.

STDERR =
-> [Help 1]

Does anyone know, what we are doing wrong (besides using Synergy)?

We observed that the SCM Synergy Provider is creating a new Synergy-Task for
each child-pom or child project that the maven release plugin modifies.
Is this related to our problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Jan and Jochen