Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dk...@firstam.com> on 2006/03/06 17:53:19 UTC

Struts-EL

I would like to setup Struts-EL in my application.  I am currently
running Struts 1.2.8 with Spring.  I did the following:

1.	Added the Struts-el.jar, jstl.jar, and standard.jar to my
WEB-INF/lib.
2.	Added the line "<%@ taglib prefix="c"
uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>" to my JSP Page
3.	Changed the Struts tag library to refer to the logic-el one.

When I try to use the <c:out> tag in my page, it is not evaluating the
expression correctly.  It just writes it out as is, with the ${expr}
dollar sign and bracket around it.  What am I missing?

Daniel

Re: Struts-EL

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/06, Kalcevich, Daniel <dk...@firstam.com> wrote:

> I would like to setup Struts-EL in my application.  I am currently
> running Struts 1.2.8 with Spring.  I did the following:
>
> 1.      Added the Struts-el.jar, jstl.jar, and standard.jar to my
> WEB-INF/lib.
> 2.      Added the line "<%@ taglib prefix="c"
> uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>" to my JSP Page
> 3.      Changed the Struts tag library to refer to the logic-el one.
>
> When I try to use the <c:out> tag in my page, it is not evaluating the
> expression correctly.  It just writes it out as is, with the ${expr}
> dollar sign and bracket around it.  What am I missing?

Thanks for stating what version of Struts you're using. :)  We also
need to know what version of the Servlet specification (or what
version of what container if you're not sure).

If youre using Servlet 2.3 and JSTL 1.0, then it should be:
  <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
(No 'jsp' in the uri.)

If you're using Servlet 2.4, the answer changes.

--
Wendy