Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Evans <cp...@suddenlink.net> on 2013/03/02 23:27:34 UTC

How to keep ability to mail to list, but avoid getting mail from list

I'd prefer to use the gmane newsgroup to view the messages:

gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user

while still being able to post to the mailing list from
that newgroup.

What's the way to do that?   My understanding is that
unsubscribing prevents me from posting to the newgroup.
Is that right?

TIA.

-regards,
Larry

Re: How to keep ability to mail to list, but avoid getting mail from list

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Le 03/03/2013 09:36, Johnny Rosenberg a écrit :
> As I understand it, you  can post to the list unsubscribed, or maybe I
> am confusing this list with the LibreOffice list? Because now and then
> I see replies such as ”Note that the OP is not subscribed, so… blah
> blah blah”.

Yes, you can post unsubscribed (with a mail client). The message will be moderated then.
Note that with TB19, filters work again, even with a second identical header. But the filter has to be applied first thing when using IMAP protocol, that is before redirecting the messages to sub-folders of the main inbox.

Hagar

Re: How to keep ability to mail to list, but avoid getting mail from list

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
2013/3/2 Larry Evans <cp...@suddenlink.net>:
> I'd prefer to use the gmane newsgroup to view the messages:
>
> gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user
>
> while still being able to post to the mailing list from
> that newgroup.
>
> What's the way to do that?   My understanding is that
> unsubscribing prevents me from posting to the newgroup.
> Is that right?

As I understand it, you  can post to the list unsubscribed, or maybe I
am confusing this list with the LibreOffice list? Because now and then
I see replies such as ”Note that the OP is not subscribed, so… blah
blah blah”.

If this is not the case on this list, maybe I could tip the
LibreOffice list people to copy that behaviour to their list…

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Larry Evans wrote:
> I'd prefer to use the gmane newsgroup to view the messages:
>
> gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user
>
> while still being able to post to the mailing list from
> that newgroup.
>
> What's the way to do that?   My understanding is that
> unsubscribing prevents me from posting to the newgroup.
> Is that right?
>
> TIA.
>
> -regards,
> Larry

Just set up gmane.comp.apache.openoffice.user in your favorite
newsreader. The first time that you post from there your post will be
moderated on the gmane end and you will receive a message from gmane
that you must reply to to verify your e-mail address. When you do that
you will receive another message saying that your post was approved. t
that point you read and send from gmane with no moderation on either
end. From then on you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.

Hope this helps.

Keith