Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rita Greenberg <rg...@medata.com> on 2011/10/06 00:55:09 UTC

Table Printing On Two Pages Issue

Hello.

I have a PDF document which has many tables.
One of the tables (which has multiple rows) is printing on two pages.
The problem is that part of the table on the first page is printing in the
footer area so it's being overwritten with the page footer information.

What can I do to cause the table to print correctly on the second page and not
in the footer area of the first page.

Also, I'm trying to keep several rows together in this table with no success.
There are hundreds of lines of code so I can't include it here.

Is there a link to a good example that I can check out?
I've searched the web for several hours and so far am unable to resolve my
issue.

I'm using FOP 0.20.5.

Here's the start of the table:
  <xsl:template match="PAYER">
    <!-- PAYER NAME -->
    <fo:block>
      <fo:table table-layout="fixed">
        <fo:table-column column-width="0.7cm"/>
        <fo:table-column column-width="4.5cm"/>
        <fo:table-body>
          <fo:table-row keep-together="always">
          <!-- PAYER ADDRESS1  -->
          <fo:table-row keep-together="always">
    <fo:table-row padding="1pt">
      <fo:table-cell>
        <fo:block>&#160;</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2">
        <fo:block display-align="before">
          <fo:inline font-weight="bold" font-style="italic">
            <fo:marker marker-class-name="table-continued">Continued on next
page...</fo:marker>
          </fo:inline>
        </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
   </fo:table-body>
 </fo:table>
</fo:block>

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rita

Re: Table Printing On Two Pages Issue

Posted by Rita Greenberg <rg...@medata.com>.
Rita Greenberg <rgreenberg <at> medata.com> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I have a PDF document which has many tables.
> One of the tables (which has multiple rows) is printing on two pages.
> The problem is that part of the table on the first page is printing in the
> footer area so it's being overwritten with the page footer information.

Many thanks to all who responded - much appreciated!
My problem was the margin-bottom and once I fixed that I got the results I
expected.

We're in the process of upgrading to FOP 1.0 but had a rush fix to a PDF that
needed a change. I had to make this change in the FOP 0.20.5 and FOP 1.0
versions.

Re: Table Printing On Two Pages Issue

Posted by Spyros Papantoniou <sp...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible to upgrade to FOP 10.0?
We were experiencing many issues with FOP 0.95, like fonts etc.

Maybe this is solved in 1.0?

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

FOP 0.20.x was known to have block-progression-dimension issues, and
sometimes the body content could overlap (below) the after-region.
A workaround consists in increasing the body margin-bottom until the
overlap disappears.

That said, the best action should to upgrade FOP to a recent release,
since in FOP post 0.9x this kind of issue is fixed.

--
Pascal

RE: Table Printing On Two Pages Issue

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.