Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 14:37:15 UTC

[Fwd: qpid on structure101.com]

An old friend of mine at Headway Software has generated some diagrams of
the qpid java codebase with structure101, see links in forwarded mail.
Might be interesting for the java developers. I used an older version of
the product too good effect in a previous life to help untangle
dependencies when refactoring a large codebase into sensible layers. It
can help find divergences of the architecture _as defined by the code_
from the  architecture as intended by the developers :)

If anyone's interested in further info probably best to mail Paul direct.

Cheers,
Alan.

RE: [Fwd: qpid on structure101.com]

Posted by Paul Hickey <pa...@headwaysoftware.com>.
The architecture diagram on www.structure101.com is indeed auto-generated
direct from the code, so feel free to edit to more accurately reflect the
project view of the architecture. I would be happy to update it on our site,
or if you care to host your own repository, it's pretty easy to set up.

Just let me know.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

Rupert

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
This tool is very good. I tried it out on some libraries of stuff that I
wrote, and it is interesting to see how it intuitively picks up on the areas
where I was most confused about choosing the best design (or was too
focussed on the low-level to spend the time sorting out the bigger picture).
The ability to create a layered architectures and export them into
eclipse/intellij, to check against as you code is pretty neat too.

Think they might give us a free license for OS work on Qpid? No harm in
asking...