Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net> on 2013/04/22 17:39:35 UTC

Re: Apache OpenOffice at SourceForge Enterprise Directory

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>
> wrote:
> > SourceForge has just launched a new Enterprise Directory, a
> > sub-section of our site focused specifically on Enterprise projects.
> > These are the projects that are geared specifically for use within a
> > company, you can read more about it at our blog.
> >
> > We are honoured to host Apache OpenOffice among our the first
> > enterprise-grade applications, see
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
> >

> This looks great, Roberto.
>
> > Note that the new directory has been designed to allow a richer
> > community interaction through the new reviews and ratings system, plus
> > a richer list of project features, a resource center (now containing
> > pointers to Extensions and Templates in the "Add-ons & Plugins"
> > section, and some titles in the "Related books" section) and more.
> >
> > It would be interesting to see our community to engage by providing
> > in-depth reviews as well as ratings, as well as add more info about
> > upcoming events and if we want also about partners (support,
> > training).
> >

> A question:  Are the ratings correct?  They don't seem consistent.
> For example compare the overall rating (number of stars) with the
> actual reviews posted.

Sorry about the lack of replies from me on this thread. AOO and others had
some inconsistencies in ratings, it has been fixed a couple of weeks ago
and it should be consistent.

> We have a page for services here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Is anyone willing to volunteer to update that Resources section?

> And a "wishlist" item from me:  If we could get RSS or Atom feeds for
> new templates and for new extensions, then we can use this
> information, for example, to automatically send Tweets from @ApacheOO,
> or (eventually) feature them in an area of the homepage.

That's definitely part of the actual development - even if you can't see
that at the beta site yet - but it will soon be released.

Roberto

--
====