Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sheehan, Andrew" <AJ...@doe.mass.edu> on 2005/05/09 17:31:18 UTC

JSP outputstream question

Hi all,

I have a Jsp file that has several <jsp:include>'s  and custom taglibs.  The
<jsp:includes> work just fine but as soon as I place my menu taglib in the
jsp, I receive a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already
committed".

The menu taglib does call for the pageContexts' writer as it writes out the
menu html.  It seems [to me] that all should be fine with my implementation,
but obviously that's not true.   Should I use <%@ include
file="/includes/registration/header.jsp" %>, and not <jsp:include>?

Any suggestions?

I have a Jsp such as this:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
errorPage="/pages/system/error.jsp" %>

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/navigation"  prefix="menu" %>

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<head>

 <title><bean:message key="html.registration.title"/></title>

</head>

<jsp:include page="/pages/includes/registration/header.jsp" />

<menu:menu type="registrar" />

[standard html content]

<jsp:include path="/pages/includes/standard/footer.jsp" />

<jsp:include path="/pages/includes/standard/copyright.jsp />