Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Javajohn <ja...@cox.net> on 2005/06/14 13:55:17 UTC

Metadata Uses

I'm curious how others are using metadata in the real world. I added a
property to the root of each of my repositories called "repo:desc" which
contains a one-line description of the repository. WebSVN can then
display the description on the repository index page. Since we will have
about 10 repositories in total, this was useful, and mimics the behavior
of our other version control tools. I'd like to do something similar for
each of the 100 or so projects in the repositories. Another possibility
would be to store commit mailing lists as properties.

My plan is to utilize a single set of hook scripts for all of our
repositories with the metadata driving the behavior. I can't see
anything wrong with that, but I haven't used Subversion enough yet (we
have just begun pilots).

Regards,

John Waycott
Manager, CM