Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2006/10/31 08:01:53 UTC

Win32 ppm packages

I'd like to get a sense from Win32 ppm users of mod_perl
and/or libapreq2 about the following. Right now in our
    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
ppm repository, there's ppm packages for mod_perl
and libapreq2. The ones compatible with Apache/2.0 are
called mod_perl and libapreq2, respectively, while
those for Apache/2.2 are mod_perl-2.2 and libapreq2-2.2,
respectively. What I'm wondering is, if Apache/2.2
is by now mostly used, should I switch the names:
mod_perl and libapreq2 for Apache/2.2, and
mod_perl-2.0 and libapreq-2.0 for Apache/2.0?
Thoughts?

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes

Re: Win32 ppm packages

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
I tend to use 2.0 where I need subversion or PHP (which ship with 2.0
modules only) and 2.2 everywhere else...  I personally find the naming a
bit tricky (2-2.2).  and would frankly rather see the modules called
mod_perl20 (or mod_perl2.0) and mod_perl/libapreq22/2.2; I'd rather type
the couple of extra chars and always know what I'm installing without
needing to look up the most current naming scheme.

  Issac

Re: Win32 ppm packages

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.