Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@mric.coop> on 2004/10/12 20:48:52 UTC

Cocoon build attempt.

Build from repository is a beautiful thing. Even though Beaver "broke" with
a technicality (the LICENSE file was missing) Gump was able (and willing) to
take the latest successful build of it from the repository. As such, even
though we state Beaver is the "root cause" (despite not being a direct
dependency), Cocoon still got a shot at a build.

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/index.html

So, now we have some Cocoon issues to fix, it seems:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/gump_work/build_cocoon_cocoon.html

regards

Adam

Re: Cocoon build attempt.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>We have a problem.
>>
>>Gump tried to build cocoon but it should *NOT* have!
>

> Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion something was wrong there, but I was being
> hopeful. Ok, I need to go back to the drawing board on 'build from
> repository'.
>
> Basically, the logic was to override the 'prerequisite failed' logic (that
> would suppress a build) and in such case still go looking for artifacts &
> try the build. I thought that if it failed to find artifacts it'd not build,
> but apparently not. I'll look at this ASAP.

Thanks much, Adam!

--
Stefano.

Re: Cocoon build attempt.

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> We have a problem.
>
> Gump tried to build cocoon but it should *NOT* have!

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion something was wrong there, but I was being
hopeful. Ok, I need to go back to the drawing board on 'build from
repository'.

Basically, the logic was to override the 'prerequisite failed' logic (that
would suppress a build) and in such case still go looking for artifacts &
try the build. I thought that if it failed to find artifacts it'd not build,
but apparently not. I'll look at this ASAP.

regards,

Adam

Re: Cocoon build attempt.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Adam Jack wrote:

> Build from repository is a beautiful thing. Even though Beaver "broke" with
> a technicality (the LICENSE file was missing) Gump was able (and willing) to
> take the latest successful build of it from the repository. As such, even
> though we state Beaver is the "root cause" (despite not being a direct
> dependency), Cocoon still got a shot at a build.
>
>     http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/index.html
>
> So, now we have some Cocoon issues to fix, it seems:
>

> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/gump_work/build_cocoon_cocoon.html

We have a problem.

Gump tried to build cocoon but it should *NOT* have! because a
dependency was not satisfied and it was not "beaver".

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-xmlutil/gump_work/build_excalibur_excalibur-xmlutil.html

The reason why cocoon fails is exactly that excalibur-xmlutil is not
present and gump should have figured that out.

I think that trying to build when the dependencies are not set it's more
harmful than useful.

--
Stefano.