Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Martin Strigl <m....@columbus-com.com> on 2002/06/28 09:18:09 UTC

Setup of CGI.pm

In short:

	1.) I had the problem to get the "Setup of CGI.pm failed" error message
sometimes. I could not reproduce this error, no matter what i tried.

	2.) So i wrote Gerald and asked him for help.

	3.) His answer was that this happens if someone sends incorrect file upload
data that CGI.pm cannot handle, which would make sense, since i had this
error only from functions which deal with file uploads

	4.) So I examined the logfile, but the only hint i was able to find is that
just win95/98 clients with MSIE <=5.0 seem to cause this error, but still
got no idea why

	5.) So the next thing i did was to update CGI.pm to version 2.81, and
(knock on wood) since then i don't have this problem anymore

hope this helps, but i would be interested in experiences of others with the
same problem

mfG,
Martin Strigl

                       Die Partnerschaft für Ihren Erfolg!
                     Columbus InnovationsvertriebsGmbH
Hausmanning 21, A-4560 Kirchdorf            Humboldtstraße 11, A-4020 Linz
Tel. +43(7582)61191-0, Fax-DW: 11         Tel. / Fax: +43(732)612108

www.Handwerkernetz.at
Communication: www.columbus-com.com
Presstechnik: www.columbus-tech.com