Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/12/10 13:49:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

This build consists of 4 major components: the core UIMA framework
(uimaj), the C++ enablement (uimacpp), the Asynchronous Scaleout
component (uima-as) and a set of annotators and other add-ons (sandbox).

These have been through more than 3 months of validation and testing.
The build process was strengthened to include running RAT (the Release
Audit tool) automatically and verifying no RAT issues are found (except
for the uimacpp part, where it is still run and verified manually).

The release artifacts are available on
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.0-RC7/

These artifacts include a partial version of the Eclipse Update Site for
the Eclipse plugins - the site is missing the older versions, but this
will be of course corrected when we merge this (after release approval)
with the previous information in the Apache dist/incubator/uima directory.

The release is digitally signed by Marshall Schor for all the components
except for the C++ component, which is signed by Edward Epstein.

Please vote on approving this release.  This vote is for all 4
components, together. After the UIMA committers vote, we will ask the
IPMC to vote.

[ ] +1 Release RC7, it's ready
[ ] -1 Don't release yet because of these issues which need to be
addressed first: ...

--Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
-1 ... Sorry, blocking problems still with uima as.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
On 12/10/2009 13:49, Marshall Schor wrote:
> [X] +1 Release RC7, it's ready
> [ ] -1 Don't release yet because of these issues which need to be
> addressed first: ...
>
> --Marshall

+1

--Thilo

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

-- Tong

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1 Burn

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> This build consists of 4 major components: the core UIMA framework
> (uimaj), the C++ enablement (uimacpp), the Asynchronous Scaleout
> component (uima-as) and a set of annotators and other add-ons (sandbox).
>
> These have been through more than 3 months of validation and testing.
> The build process was strengthened to include running RAT (the Release
> Audit tool) automatically and verifying no RAT issues are found (except
> for the uimacpp part, where it is still run and verified manually).
>
> The release artifacts are available on
> http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.0-RC7/
>
> These artifacts include a partial version of the Eclipse Update Site for
> the Eclipse plugins - the site is missing the older versions, but this
> will be of course corrected when we merge this (after release approval)
> with the previous information in the Apache dist/incubator/uima directory.
>
> The release is digitally signed by Marshall Schor for all the components
> except for the C++ component, which is signed by Edward Epstein.
>
> Please vote on approving this release.  This vote is for all 4
> components, together. After the UIMA committers vote, we will ask the
> IPMC to vote.
>
> [ ] +1 Release RC7, it's ready
> [ ] -1 Don't release yet because of these issues which need to be
> addressed first: ...

+1

Jörn

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me
Tommaso

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.3.0 release candidate 7 as UIMA 2.3.0 incubating

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 Marshall