Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Heiko Wolf <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/31 09:02:14 UTC

Using version ranges for building an EAR

Hi, I have a little problem with my depencies. I try to build an EAR, which
works without problems. I have defined an additional repository on a local
file server. If I try to define a depency with an intervall version like [
1.0, 2.0), then maven checks only the repository on the fileserver for
versions, but not my local files in ~/.m2/repository/ ! If I define the
depency with a normal version like 1.3, without providing a range,
everything works fine, maven takes the artifact out of my ~/.m2-directory.

I try to catch this issue by looking at debug output provided with the -X
parameter, but I didn't find any usefull. Maven does not try to access local
files in ~/.m2/.

To make it more concrete: Using a version range like [ 1.0,2.0), maven does
not find a suitable version, because it looks only on the repository on my
file server, but there is no suitable on this repository. Then I use 1.3 as
version, and maven finds the artifact in my ~/.m2/-directory. But why maven
didn't find it using the version range?

If the repository on the file server provides a version like 1.2.1, then
maven finds it. The provided version range seems to work in this case, if I
only want to get the newest version from the remote repository. But it
ignores local versions in ~/.m2/

Thanks,

Heiko

Re: Using version ranges for building an EAR

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I've run into bugs in the handling of version ranges in Maven myself.

Here's one I filed in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2210

I'd file this as a bug and hope it gets fixed in a future M2 release.

Wayne