Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by stu seven <st...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/01 04:40:38 UTC

cgi BUT no perl ? my setup

*** OK Joshua - you said "Apache does not differentiate between
*** .cgi  and  .pl unless I tell it to"... and this is pretty much
*** what I assumed first...
*** I had:  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
*** this however did not run the  .pl  files either.
*** After  .cgi  files started working, I looked for lines to add
*** a specific perl type to... but still nothing is working.
*** I have tried  AddHandler perl-script pl   and also
*** AddType application/x-httpd-perl pl  neither of which is
*** working.
***
*** I don't see that this is right, which is of course why Im
*** asking... however, I am starting to lean towards a possible
*** bug in SuSE, as nothing anybody has suggested has worked as
*** they told me it would.
*** Hopefully, I missed what you were saying, and you can correct
*** me :)

RE: cgi BUT no perl ? my setup

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: stu seven [mailto:stuseven@hotmail.com]

> *** OK Joshua - you said "Apache does not differentiate between
> *** .cgi  and  .pl unless I tell it to"... and this is pretty much
> *** what I assumed first...
> *** I had:  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
> *** this however did not run the  .pl  files either.
> *** After  .cgi  files started working, I looked for lines to add
> *** a specific perl type to... but still nothing is working.
> *** I have tried  AddHandler perl-script pl   and also
> *** AddType application/x-httpd-perl pl  neither of which is
> *** working.
> ***
> *** I don't see that this is right, which is of course why Im
> *** asking... however, I am starting to lean towards a possible
> *** bug in SuSE, as nothing anybody has suggested has worked as
> *** they told me it would.
> *** Hopefully, I missed what you were saying, and you can correct
> *** me :)

[You have a very weird quoting style here.  Why is YOUR text prefixed by >
*** ?]

You haven't addressed the last part of my suggestion, which is to show us
the relevant contents of the error and access logs.

Joshua.