Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Alexander Frolov <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 17:06:43 UTC

IntIntNullTextInputFormat problem

Hello,

I am trying to load data in from file in IntIntNullTextInputFormat. But I
get is the following message:

[hduser@localhost ~]$ $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
$GIRAPH_HOME/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IntIntNullTextInputFormat -vip
/user/hduser/input/test -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/hduser/output/amazon-shortestpaths -w 1

14/02/03 19:46:08 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge input format
specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.
14/02/03 19:46:08 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge output format
specified. Ensure your OutputFormat does not require one.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkClassTypes: vertex index types not assignable, computation - class
org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable, VertexInputFormat - class
org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable
at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.checkAssignable(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:381)
at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.verifyVertexInputFormatGenericTypes(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:226)
at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.validateConfiguration(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:141)
at
org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils.parseArgs(ConfigurationUtils.java:214)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:74)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:124)
at
at

The input file is here (just for testing):

[hduser@localhost ~]$ $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop dfs -cat
/user/hduser/input/test
0 1
1 0

Could you please help with this issue?

Best,
  Alex

Re: IntIntNullTextInputFormat problem

Posted by Alexander Frolov <al...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,

thank you very much for your help!

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> the only inputformat that we have which is compatible with
> SimpleShortestPathsComputation is the
>
> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
>
> which is used in
>
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputationTest#testToyData
>
> It's not as nice to use as the other inputformats we have, so I opened
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-844 to ensure that we have a
> nice easy to use TextInputFormat for the shortest paths example.
>
> --sebastian
>

> On 02/03/2014 06:52 PM, Alexander Frolov wrote:
>
>> It seems that I understood the problem. PageRank and
>> SingleSourceShortestPath both need weighted graph to compute.  I just
>> missed it somehow.
>> Thank you for help.
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Alexander Frolov
>> <al...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  If you just wanna play with Giraph, I suggest you start with the

>>> I have seen it.  I think there is no much difference in SSSP and PageRank
>>> examples. By the way, I have not found LongDoubleNullTextInputFormat in
>>> my
>>> sources (I am using release-1.0.0-RC2-152-g585511f) which is mentioned
>>> there.
>>> The same issue with SimplePageRankComputation.
>>>
>>> [hduser@localhost giraph]$ $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
>>> $GIRAPH_HOME/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-
>>> SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation -vif
>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.LongLongNullTextInputFormat -vip
>>> /user/hduser/input/test -vof
>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
>>> /user/hduser/output/amazon-shortestpaths -w 1
>>> 14/02/03 21:24:16 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge input format
>>> specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.
>>> 14/02/03 21:24:16 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge output format

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexander,

Posted by Alexander Frolov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Frolov <al...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Alexander Frolov
>> <al...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>
>>> wrote
>>>
>>>  What types does the vertex class that you use in your computation
>>>>

>>> I see.
>>>
>>> public class SimpleShortestPathsComputation extends BasicComputation<
>>>      LongWritable, DoubleWritable, FloatWritable, DoubleWritable> {..}
>>>
>>> So that is a mistake.
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>

>>  Is there any means to import data from file like this (amazon0601.txt

>>> 0   2
>>> 0   3
>>> 0   4
>>> 0   5