Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Greg Townes <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/12 13:12:40 UTC

Exception...line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Tried to do a cleanup on my folders and got this message.

I think the last developer left hardcoded lines in the code as there is a reference to a "D" drive followed by the path of Development...

I do not have that path on my pc.

 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.3\ext\subversion\subversion\li
bsvn_wc\workqueue.c'
 line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Regards
Greg Townes

Re: Exception...line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Posted by Balogh Péter <ba...@cit.hu>.
On 2012.01.14. 5:07, Les Mikesell wrote:
> 2012/1/13 Balogh Péter<ba...@cit.hu>:
>
>> I've got exactly the same exception from one of our old wc.
>> I'm not sure what's the reason for cleanup.
>> The wc was update-ed from 1.6 to 1.7
>> I did found some .svn directories deeper in the directory tree.
>> Maybe the update went wrong?
>> Can I help track this bug down?
>> I'm already using a fresh checkout so I'm going to have the wc around if you
>> wish.
> Are those subdirectories related to svn external references?  Someone
> here reported a similar issue some time after the main part of the wc
> should have been upgraded so I was wondering if it doesn't recurse
> into the external part until there is a change.

No, there were no external references in the svn repo.

Re: Exception...line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: Exception...line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Posted by Balogh Péter <ba...@cit.hu>.
Hi,

I've got exactly the same exception from one of our old wc.
I'm not sure what's the reason for cleanup.
The wc was update-ed from 1.6 to 1.7
I did found some .svn directories deeper in the directory tree.
Maybe the update went wrong?
Can I help track this bug down?
I'm already using a fresh checkout so I'm going to have the wc around if
you wish.

Best regards,
Peter Balogh

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
Please don't top-post.

Posted by Greg Townes <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mark

Yes, I am asking how to solve this exception.

I required a cleanup to get my source code synched with the repository so that I could do a Commit.

It should not matter why I needed the cleanup, exceptions should be handled gracefully.

I upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3.

I did not have this problem prior to the upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3

Regards
Greg

________________________________
> Tried to do a cleanup on my folders and got this message.
>
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.3\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c'
>  line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Are you asking for help?  In which case, what were you doing that required a cleanup?  Had you upgraded a pre-1.7 working copy by any chance?

> I think the last developer left hardcoded lines in the code
> as there is a reference to a "D" drive followed by the path
> of Development...
>
> I do not have that path on my pc.

FYI: That path is from the original source of your subversion client (TortoiseSVN) and helps to identify where the error was trapped, it is nothing to do with your code.

> Regards
> Greg Townes

~ mark c

RE: Exception...line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.
Hello,

> Tried to do a cleanup on my folders and got this message.
>
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.3\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c'
>  line 673: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

Are you asking for help?  In which case, what were you doing that required a cleanup?  Had you upgraded a pre-1.7 working copy by any chance?

> I think the last developer left hardcoded lines in the code
> as there is a reference to a "D" drive followed by the path
> of Development...
>
> I do not have that path on my pc.

FYI: That path is from the original source of your subversion client (TortoiseSVN) and helps to identify where the error was trapped, it is nothing to do with your code.

> Regards
> Greg Townes

~ mark c