Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jonathan Cao <jo...@rockyou.com> on 2009/03/31 04:10:32 UTC

submit job to fair scheduler pool

I am trying to set up the hive to work with facebook fair scheduler. Does
hive provide way to allow user to submit the hive job to a particular fair
scheduler pool? If I set mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty to "user.name"
and hive jobs submitted by different users will be sent to the right pools
of the users. Is there any other way to
allow the hive user to submit job to a particular pool?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: submit job to fair scheduler pool

Posted by Jonathan Cao <jo...@rockyou.com>.
Hey, Matei,
Thanks for your email. It looks that with your suggested config and passing
"-hiveconf pool.name=HIVE_POOL" solve the problem.

Jonathan

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jonathan,