Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/27 01:07:53 UTC

Migrate mail list to Apache

Hi all,

We have a public mail list available at Apache ->
click-dev@incubator.apache.org

As our traffic is relatively low this list will be used for both dev
and user discussions.

I think we should start thinking of migrating from sourceforge.

One thing I would like to keep is gmane and nabble access and have the
current archives available.

Is everyone allowed to update the address of the above services or
only an administrator?

regards

bob

Re: Migrate mail list to Apache

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Bob Schellink wrote:

> Ok if nobody objects I'll log a JIRA to add a
> click-user@incubator.apache.org

The click-user@incubator.apache.org list is available now.

Malcolm, any news on retrieving the current list of subscribers from
SourceForge?

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrus,

Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I would still recommend setting a separate user list. Such topic
> separation should be beneficial going forward, regardless of the
> traffic. That's up to you to decide, but you'll probably be the only
> Apache project without a user list.

Ok if nobody objects I'll log a JIRA to add a
click-user@incubator.apache.org

> Now the migration. Is there a way to get a subscriber list from SF? If
> so, a list moderator (Henning?) should be able to subscribe them via
> email interface, or we can open an infra ticket to do it in bulk.

Hmm not sure as I don't have access to SF mailman, but perhaps Malcolm
can check?

kind regards

bob

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Bob,

I would still recommend setting a separate user list. Such topic
separation should be beneficial going forward, regardless of the
traffic. That's up to you to decide, but you'll probably be the only
Apache project without a user list.

Now the migration. Is there a way to get a subscriber list from SF? If
so, a list moderator (Henning?) should be able to subscribe them via
email interface, or we can open an infra ticket to do it in bulk.

I think you or anyone else can handle Gmane and Nabble update. Not
sure how that works, but this is certainly outside of the Apache infra
scope (most likely Gmane and Nabble have an address subscribed to the
list, so once the mails start arriving from the new address, they'll
start archiving them, but that's something to check with them).

Andrus