Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Thomas Matelich <so...@usa.net> on 2000/07/07 19:44:09 UTC

Win32 release mode crash

Sorry if this is duplicated, I think my messages are getting nixed through my
other email program.

Problem existing with: xml4c3_1_0, xerces-c_1_2_0
Platform: Win2000, MSVC6.3

I've been working with xerces-c for a little while and have run into a couple
of problems, but I'll stick to the most important one for now.

After working in Debug for a while, I went to make a Release build and started
getting a memory fault while attempting to dump my DOM tree to a file.  I am
using code from DOMPrint.  Using the release library, one of two things
happens.  Either approximately halfway through the writing, I get a crash with
[The instruction at "address" referenced memory at "address".  The memory
could not be "written"], or I get an [Unhandled exception in EtAnalysis.exe
(NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation] during the creation of the
document.

Lately, I have only been getting the Unhandled exception.  I have catch's for
DOM_DOMException, XMLException and "..." and nothing is getting triggered.  I
am doing the following in that code:

DOM_DOMImplementation impl;
std::cout << "Creating Document" << std::endl;
DOM_Document doc;
try
{
    doc = impl.createDocument(
                0,
                xmlname.c_str(),
                DOM_DocumentType());
}
//catch statements for DOM_DOMException, XMLException, ... with cerr msgs

std::cout << "Document created" << std::endl;

Everything works when I link the debug lib (even with release mode exe), but
the release lib causes the above problems.  I guess I'll download the source
and try and build my own lib while I wait for advice.

Thanks,

tom

--
Thomas O Matelich