Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/20 16:22:26 UTC

Minimum password length issue

Hello everybody.
I have a question. UserService has a method
"setUserObjectAndGenerateRoomHash" which doesn't contain password
attribute, but when I call it I get exception about missing password
length. How should I use this method with non-zero
user.pass.minimum.length or are there other way to get a hash?

Re: Minimum password length issue

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Minimum password length issue

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Minimum password length issue

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.
Maxim, please have a look at the "updatePassword" method at the
"Users" class. There is a password length check:

if (pass == null || pass.length() < userPassMinimumLength) {
	throw new RuntimeException("Password of invalid length is provided");
}

Is this code realy needed? The password length is checked on the client side.

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.