Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by im dolor <im...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/12 23:27:08 UTC

How to configure a TrustManager for tomcat?

Hello,

I would like to be able to use CRL checking in Tomcat.
I thought that I would implement my own trust manager
which would download the crl and check against it
every time the checkXXXTrusted method is called.
However, I do not see anywhere in the configuration
where it would be possible to cause Tomcat to use this
trust manager. I see that there is a parameter in the
connector to set the SSLServerSocket factory. I
suppose that I could implement my own socket factory
that used my own TrustManager. However, I see that the
dcoumentation calims that i must use the catalina
version of this class. Why is that? Can I change it?

Thank you for your help.

Re: log file problem

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
I don't think so.

-Tim

log file problem

Posted by Jitesh Sinha <js...@cisco.com>.
If the log files become full does it create problem with the application?
Like session parameters coming as null or request attributes coming as null
even though they exist there in the session and request respectively?

TIA,
-Jitesh

Re: How to configure a TrustManager for tomcat?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"im dolor" <im...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> So then could I extend
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JSSEImplementation to
> create my own implementation and override the
> getServerSocketFactory() to create one that uses my
> custom trust manager? Does that sound right to you?

Pretty much.  You could probably extend the o.a.t.u.net.jsse classes as well
(which makes it really easy to configure Tomcat to use your own
TrustManager).

> Will that only work with tomcat 5? Is there something
> that I can do that will be compatible with both 4 and
> 5? Our application is currently running on 4 but we
> plan on moving to 5 in the (near?) future.

Both TC 4 and 5 use the same Connector code (and, for that matter, so does
TC 3.3 :), so this is a one-size-fits-all project.  The only difference is
the configuration to use your class.  The option is:
   sSLImplementation="com.myfirm.mypackage.MySSLImplementation".
For TC 4, you set it on the Factory and for TC 5 you set it on the
Connector.

Posted by im dolor <im...@yahoo.com>.
So then could I extend

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.