Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravikumar Govindarajan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/25 19:04:23 UTC

addIndexes and MultiReader search consistency

Hi,

Currently we merge 2 indexes using iw.addIndexes(idxReaders), where the
same call will be made in batches of 10 readers

 Our requirement is to make this addIndex call consistent. That is, during
this merge-time, searches using a MultiReader should not return duplicate
documents[docs currently being merged]

Things also get complicated if there's an NRTManager combining both these
indexes are involved.

Can this possibly be achieved by any means?

--
Ravi