Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Seby Paul <se...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/04 23:12:18 UTC

mahout recommendation help

Hi,
There is no user preference in our data file.   i can create recommendations with mhaout using LogLikelihoodSimilarity and TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity.

Is it possible to use any other similarity metrics without the preference value ?

thank you
seby paul

Re: mahout recommendation help

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
There's no built-in function but you could iterate through the data model
and compute that easily.

Posted by Steven Bourke <st...@ucd.ie>.
Yeah if something is to good to be true... !  I didn't notice anything particularly different about the item based approach over the user based.

Are there  functions built into mahout so I can check how dense / sparse the user,item matrix is?

Steven Bourke
Clarity Centre for Sensor Web Technologies,
Science North,
School of Computer Science & Informatics,
University College Dublin.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Bourke <st...@ucd.ie>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.