Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/10 15:29:09 UTC

JSON-RPC sample status - working now

Someone was asking about this on IRC today. It wasn't going as it was a bit
behind on all the changes so I spent a bit of time getting it going again.
It works for me now, after a build there is a
samples\sca\helloworldjsonrpc\target\sample-helloworldjsonrpc.war created.
Deploying that to Tomcat and going to
http://localhost:8080/sample-helloworldjsonrpc/ and the sample should work.

This is a very simple sample with only a very simple dependency so I think
its useful to see how the webapp and dependency stuff is supposed to be
done. Right now its not doing it properly so it would be really helpful if
we could  fix that. I'm not sure if the web.xml is exactly right and I
couldn't get the tuscany webapp plugin to do the dependency properly, if
fails with:

org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
{null:json-rpc:1.0:jar}: The groupId cannot be empty.

Could anyone who knows about these things take a look and suggest how it
should be done?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/services/bindings/binding.jsonrpc/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/samples/sca/helloworldjsonrpc/

Thanks,

   ...ant

Re: JSON-RPC sample status - working now

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
All the other parts - 'dependency', 'name', 'version' - can be identical
between Tuscany and Maven, but there's some subtle semantic difference that
would be lost if Tuscany's 'group' was changed to 'groupId'? I don't get it.

   ...ant

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.