Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Phil Armour <pb...@MIT.EDU> on 2002/03/19 05:00:08 UTC

trouble with Multiviews

I cannot get Mutiviews to send my jsp files to the app server:

Now I have the statement :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*jsp$) http://localhost:8888/$1 [P]

in my httpd.conf file for redirecting JSP files to my app server, and it
works great for all explicitly named .jsp files.

then i enabled MultiViews and it appears to be working great with static
files like jpg, html, ... etc.  Now when I try a jsp file such as
http://localhost/test.jsp at the root level it works but
http://localhost/test results in the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: d:\www\test\index.jsp (The system cannot
find the path specified) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

I am not sure if the file is being found but the rewrite is not happening
or if the multiviews is not supporting jsp files.  if you have any
suggestions I would appreciate it.

Re: trouble with Multiviews

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Phil Armour wrote:

> I meant:
>          when I type .jsp in the URL it works but when i type in the
> abstract URL i get the error.  the .jsp file DOES exists in the directory.

The log entry you gave appeared to be coming from the servlet, not apache.
You also didn't mention which server was generating the error: the main
server or the one on port 8080.

Joshua.

Re: trouble with Multiviews

Posted by Phil Armour <pb...@MIT.EDU>.
At 07:51 AM 3/19/2002 -0800, Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Phil Armour wrote:
>
> > I cannot get Mutiviews to send my jsp files to the app server:
> >
> > Now I have the statement :
> >
> > RewriteEngine On
> > RewriteRule ^(.*jsp$) http://localhost:8888/$1 [P]
> >
> > in my httpd.conf file for redirecting JSP files to my app server, and it
> > works great for all explicitly named .jsp files.
> >
> > then i enabled MultiViews and it appears to be working great with static
>
>Hmmm... I've never tried this, but I don't see how it could possibly work.
>Multiviews works by getting a filtered listing of the files in the
>directory and serving the best match.  It wont find a .jsp unless there is
>a .jsp file in that directory.
>
>Joshua.

I meant:
         when I type .jsp in the URL it works but when i type in the
abstract URL i get the error.  the .jsp file DOES exists in the directory.

-phil

Re: trouble with Multiviews

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.