Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mikhail malamud <mi...@drexel.edu> on 2001/02/12 17:37:16 UTC

old problem with mod_jk.so

I had been searching archives for the past two days. This problem pops
up both with Linux and FreeBSD. I still cant find the solution. After
compiling compiling mod_jk.so from 3.2.1 source files and adjusting
httpd.conf, I receive following error when trying to start Apache.

Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "map_name_at"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
*********

I am running FreeBSD 4.2 + Apache 1.3.17 + Tomcat 3.2.1 +(Sun JDK1.3
emul | jdk1.1.8 native).

Please help. I am going nuts.