Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daniel A. de Araujo" <da...@itautec-philco.com.br> on 2004/10/07 17:36:05 UTC

All_Spam_to question

Hi,

We are having a problem using the all_spam_to option.
When a message is sent to a list of users and at CCO field has a user
included at all_spam_to option, ALL users listed in the message, not only
the white-listed user will receive it.
Its very bad, because a Spammer who knows that a xxx@ user is white-listed
can bypass the Anti-Spam system.

Any ideias how to solve this ?

           Best Regards,
       Daniel Ayres de Araujo

As informações existentes nessa mensagem e nos arquivos anexados são para uso restrito, sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei. Caso não seja destinatário, saiba que leitura, divulgação ou cópia são proibidas.Favor apagar as informações e notificar o remetente. O uso impróprio será tratado conforme as normas da empresa e a legislação em vigor.

The information contained in this message and in the attached files are restricted and its confidentiality protected by law. In case you are not the addressed, be aware that the reading, spreading and copy of this message is unauthorized. Please, delete this message and notify the sender. The improper use of this information will be treated according to the company's internal rules and legal laws.

Re: RES: All_Spam_to question

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 12:01 PM 10/7/2004, Daniel A. de Araujo wrote:
>Matt :
>
>I use the postfix(MTA)+ amavisd+ S.Assassin solution. If I understood what
>you wrote its impossible to block it (based in my solution), is it ?

Pretty much. Unless amavisd has some clever tricks up it's sleeve to split
the message into multiple pieces. (it might, check with somone who uses
amavis).

>Ps. If your answer is yes; could we consider it a S.Assassin?s flaw ?

No. You can't call that a SA flaw. You can call it a limitation of the
method you choose to use to call SA. If you called SA in a different
manner, this would be more easily handled.

If you fax a single copy of a letter to a company, and put a note for the
receptionist to duplicate it to 3 people, do you expect the FAX MACHINE to
be able to mark each copy differently? No, that's impossible because
there's only one fax. Is this the Fax's fault? No. The receptionist could
do that, but the fax machine can't.

If you implement SA at the MTA layer where messages aren't yet split up on
a per-recipient basis, do you expect SA to be able to magically split the
message up? No, that's impossible. Is this SA's fault? No. The MDA can do
that, but a mail filter called by a milter at the MTA layer can't chance
anything about message delivery, only message content.

RES: All_Spam_to question

Posted by "Daniel A. de Araujo" <da...@itautec-philco.com.br>.
Matt :

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.