Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net> on 2003/08/01 11:48:59 UTC

Paginator and ImageReader --> core components?

Quick question:
Is there a reason why the paginator and the image reader are part of
Cocoon core and not put into blocks?

I'm asking because if you call http://localhost:8888/samples/ you get
the impression that they are major parts of Cocoon ...

Reinhard

RE: Paginator and ImageReader --> core components?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Quick question:
> Is there a reason why the paginator and the image reader are part of
> Cocoon core and not put into blocks?
>
> I'm asking because if you call http://localhost:8888/samples/ you get
> the impression that they are major parts of Cocoon ...

I think these are two different issues:
a) why the things are in the core and not a block?
Simply (I guess) because they were moved from the scratchpad into the core.
I think this is not that bad, because having a block for one single
class can't be the way. I still think that we need an "optional" block
for those, but I don't like changing these things before the 2.1 release.

b) why are the samples put very prominently on the main samples page?
I don't know, this is something we could change. And move them into a
different
location. But I think, it's not a big problem.

Carsten

Re: Paginator and ImageReader --> core components?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> [...]

You mean "optional" block. Paginator is not that big to deserve own block.

Vadim

RE: Paginator and ImageReader --> core components?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
Responding to Carsten's mail too:

Then (if anybody else is faster) I modify the examples and wait with a
paginator block.

Reinhard

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.