Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 11:59:01 UTC

No Page Numbering in PDF

I am converting xhtml to PDF and PDF has page numbers inserted in it. But I
dont want page numbers in the PDF. Does anybody know how to remove the page
numbers or where in PDF does FOP embed Page Numbers.

Fwd: No Page Numbering in PDF

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
Hi

Just a small note: this type of question is not related to FOP
development, but simply to usage, hence why I'm posting the response
there.

Try to keep this in mind for the future: fop-dev@ is meant for
questions/discussions about development on FOP (not development /with/
FOP, which is actually 'FOP usage')

Thanks!

Now that that's out of the way:

> From: AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com>
>

> I am converting xhtml to PDF and PDF has page numbers inserted in
> it. But I
> dont want page numbers in the PDF. Does anybody know how to remove
> the page
> numbers or where in PDF does FOP embed Page Numbers.

The page-numbers are generated because somewhere in the stylesheet --I
presume you're using XSL to convert the XHTML to FO-- a fo:page-number
element is created. If you can manipulate the stylesheet so that this
element is omitted from the output, then the PDF won't contain those
page-numbers.

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: No Page Numbering in PDF

Posted by AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanx for that. That did work for me. And with that I was able to find out
where the page numbers are put on the pdf. I changed the code to put custom
page numbers on the generated pdf.
Thanx for ur help.

Re: No Page Numbering in PDF

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Re: No Page Numbering in PDF

Posted by AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com>.

AshuSuri wrote:

> I am converting xhtml to PDF and PDF has page numbers inserted in it. But
> I dont want page numbers in the PDF. Does anybody know how to remove the
> page numbers or where in PDF does FOP embed Page Numbers.

Re: No Page Numbering in PDF

Posted by ti...@freemans.com.au.
.... because it has nothing to do with fop?

Write a script or  xslt transform to modify your xhtml before processing
with fop.

AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com>
17/11/2008 04:27 PM
Please respond to