Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Arnold, Curt" <Cu...@hyprotech.com> on 2000/07/26 23:34:28 UTC

document() weirdness with & in URL

I ran into a strange behavior with SAXON's and Xalan's implementation
of document() when the URL contains an ampersand.

<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
     version="1.0">

<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:copy-of select="document('http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.houston.rr.com%2Fcurta%2Fschemas%2FattrGroup-1.xsd&amp;style=xsl')"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:transform>

This stylesheet copies the results of a XSV schema validation run
http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.houston.rr.com%2Fcurta%2Fschemas%2FattrGroup-1.xsd&style=xsl to the
output document for any source document.
The URL contains an ampersand near the end.  XT will
retrieve the intended document, SAXON will say that there is no information
available and Xalan 1.0.1 and 1.2d01 will both warn that they cannot
load the requested doc.  My guess is that the &amp; is not expanded correctly.