Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2003/11/17 07:58:33 UTC

Re: Cocoon activity - deugging

This is true, but I think you will find the same
problem with any *framework* application
(not sure I can think of any others right now);
as opposed to stand-alone development environments;
the secret is to compile/test often and do it in
small incremental portions... we can learn a lot
from agile methodologies.

FWIW, the CocoonWiki has a helpful section on
using views:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DebuggingWithViews

>>> natz@ya.com 2003/11/14 07:00:50 PM >>>

<snip>

	My main concern with cocoon is the time it takes to debug
anything..
The system is so complex (different files, different places the
pipeline can fail, diferent protocols, generators, etc. ) that finding

where the problem is takes too much time doing trial and error.

	Maybe a good IDE integration with debugging supported would be a

"great leap forward"  for the cocoon framework.

believed to be clean.