Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com> on 1999/11/29 02:56:25 UTC

Ant build fails

Environment:  Linux (Red Hat 6.1) on Intel box, IBM JVM 1.1.8

Steps:
    cd jakarta-tools
    cvs update -d
    cd ant
    ./build.sh

Generates the following errors:

    Cvs.java, line 91, uses the deprecated DataInputStream.readLine()
method (warning only)

    Javadoc2.java, line 421
        Class com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main not found in type declaration

    Javadoc2.java, linke 422
        Class com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main not found in type declaration

Shouldn't the javac.jar file (at the top level of jakarta-tools) be
added to the build classpath?

Craig McClanahan

Re: tar...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
jon * wrote:

> anyone object to me including the tar classes from
> www.ice.com/java/tar/index.shtml???
>
> i added a .gz tonight, but we now need to have the ability to have a
> .tar.gz. ;-)

+1

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

tar...

Re: Ant build fails

Posted by jon * <jo...@clearink.com>.
on 11/28/99 5:56 PM, Craig R. McClanahan <cm...@mytownnet.com> wrote:

> Cvs.java, line 91, uses the deprecated DataInputStream.readLine()
> method (warning only)

Not my fault. I didn't do it! I didn't see anything! ;-)

> Javadoc2.java, line 421
> Class com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main not found in type declaration
>
> Javadoc2.java, linke 422
> Class com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main not found in type declaration
>
> Shouldn't the javac.jar file (at the top level of jakarta-tools) be
> added to the build classpath?

Yes. Sounds like it. I'm surprised it isn't already.

fyi, I have not been building ant with those tools (ie: itself) since I use
Kawa as my IDE and it is easier with Kawa right now.

Also, yes, I will put a new ant.jar file up, but I wanted to make sure my
changes were going to stick before doing so and having the rest of the build
stuff depend on it.

-jon