Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "sunfl@certusnet.com.cn" <su...@certusnet.com.cn> on 2014/08/21 03:47:29 UTC

Problems for distinct count in queries with index table

Hi all,
 I encounter a problem when using phoenix secondary indexes. I create a phoenix table containing one column pkttime and I create index on this column.
 Following the instructions of secondary index usage, I include other two columns while creating the index and the ddl is as following:
      create index if not exists pkt_idx on mytable(pkttime) include (col1,col2);
However, when I am trying to get distinct results while conducting queries on pkt_idx, the distinct never get working.
Without index queries, the following chart explains right query result:
While conducting the same query using secondary index, I got the following no distinct query results:

Obviously the secondary index never worked smoothly on distinct query. Can you guys correct me if I am wrong or doing some inefficient operations? And best appreciating for any available hints.
Best Regards.

CertusNet
赛特斯信息科技股份有限公司

孙福林