Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vadim Blumkin <va...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 17:34:56 UTC

[users@httpd] debug httpd with windbg

Hi,

Is there any way to debug httpd process with Windbg ?

We have Apache installed on Windows x64 OS , when I can see two processes
in the Task Manager . I want to debug the child process because it’s is
actually handles all the requests .

But Windbg cannot connected to the apache child process when I am trying to
attach to the process.

Does anybody succeed to debug it with WinDbg ? Or what is the suggested way
to debug apache ?

Thanks and regards,

Vadim

Re: [users@httpd] debug httpd with windbg

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Vadim Blumkin <va...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there any way to debug httpd process with Windbg ?
>

> We have Apache installed on Windows x64 OS , when I can see two processes
> in the Task Manager . I want to debug the child process because it’s is
> actually handles all the requests .
>
> But Windbg cannot connected to the apache child process when I am trying
> to attach to the process.

Lack of permission, such as httpd running as administrator/service and
windbg not?

> Does anybody succeed to debug it with WinDbg ? Or what is the suggested
> way to debug apache ?

If I start httpd in the console, I am able to attach with WinDbg or with
Visual Studio.  I don't know what happens when trying to debug a service.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/